- Systems of games
- Formal elements of games
The formal elements of game
- Study the details of the tic-tac-toe game
- Re-design another version of the game.
- Consider extending the game, in terms of space, rules, players, steps, etc.
- Studies of the mixed reality game – Can you see me now? by Blast Theory. Present the reasons why you consider it as a game and as a piece of artwork.
- Submit your short writings in class or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org in digital format
Each group will have 15 minutes for presentation and demonstration. Please keep your time. The other groups have to fill in an evaluation form for your peer students.
Let it burn
Project world war Z
Brave heart v1.0
Grandma saves the world
Please upload your individual report through Moodle before midnight today (23 April 2018).
- Human computer interaction
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Physical computing
- Embodied interaction
- Game development tools
- Play test your game
iBeacon game in Hong Kong
Necomimi Cat Ears game
Scratch game programming
- Common issues of gaming
- Positive use of videogames
- Identity in gaming
- Presentation of the game proposal.
- List out common social and cultural impacts of videogames and identify any influences on your personal life.
Classcraft video introduction
- Online game
- Virtual environment
- Social media
- A review of the Chinese Gold Farmers and eSports
Hong Kong Esports
Chinese Gold Farmers trailer
NSA Spying on online games
eSports documentary trailer
eSport in Hong Kong
- Ideas of flow in game
- 2nd game design workshop
- Construct the main story line along the dramatic arc.
- Identify the core gameplay mechanism
Examples (from Game Design Workshop, Tracy Fullerton)
- WarCraft: Players build and move units on a map in real time with the intent of opposing units in combat and destroying them.
- Monopoly: Players buy and improve properties with the goal of charging rent to other players who land on them in the course of play.
- Diablo: Players battle monsters, seek treasure, and explore dungeons in an attempts to amass wealth and become more powerful.
- Super Mario Bros: Player controls Mario (or Luigi), making him walk, run, and jump, while avoiding traps, overcoming obstacles, and gathering treasure.